The rankings are just a matter of popularity on a number of factors:
- Moz Page Authority - links to the blog (with higher value based on the authority of the pages providing the links)
- Curious Cat - subjective ranking by us (popularity with us)
- RSS feed subscribers - popularity with subscribers
- Moz PageRank - popularity based on links to the blog
- traffic rank (via Alexa Global and Alexa US) - visitors to the blog
- Author Twitter authority - followers of the blog author on Twitter
It seems likely there is some value in these measures of popularity for finding blogs that you will enjoy, but the value of a blog to readers cannot be measured so easily. Our site helps you find some blogs to try and hopefully you will find some you enjoy enough to subscribe.